So here's a start up to list all the Beatles references we've heard (or seen) in movies, songs, TV shows, etc.!

Views: 1511

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My mom was watching a movie last night called "Savages"
and during the closing credits, there was a cover version of "Here Comes The Sun"
it sounded like it was sung by a "little child" haha BeatleGirl and me still have voices like little girls/chipmunks eventhough we're young women lol

A lot of movies like to play Here Comes The Sun!

I know! People don't take me seriously because I have a little girl voice. -_- And my mom makes fun of me for it. Like, I can't help it! Well, we sound cute anyway and we'll probably still sound like little girls by the time we're in our 50s lol! Which I hope I won't even live that long!

Written by Jim Hendricks

LOL I ALMOST THOUGHT JIMI HENDRIX

Just like I thought Johnny Nash I Can See Clearly Now said Johnny Cash

haha

LOL I remember when JP confused The Shirelles with Shirley Ellis

Lol I love both! I'm pretty sure she copied her name of The Shirelles :)

Since we're on the subject of 80s movies... there's a scene in "The Breakfast Club" when they ask "What did you want to do when you grew up?" and the answer "When I was little, I wanted to be John Lennon."

re: "When I was little, I wanted to be John Lennon."
So Cool!! :-)

Lucy in the Sky in the bookstore!

There's also an author named John Ringo.

Cool!
I found this Book:

That's pretty cool! 

From Wikipedia...

The original Japanese title, Noruwei no Mori, is the standard Japanese translation of the title of The Beatles song "Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)", written by John Lennon[9] The song is often mentioned in the novel, and is the favourite song of the character Naoko. Mori in the Japanese title translates into English as wood in the sense of "forest", not the material "wood", even though the song lyrics clearly refer to the latter. Forest settings and imagery are significantly present in the novel.

&&

I noticed that the cover photo of Lucy the Sky is styled the same way as With The Beatles. I wonder if that was done on purpose? I read Go Ask Alice, written by the same author, some years ago, so maybe I should read Lucy in the Sky as well! Both books are written as journals, each by an Anonymous teen falling into a world of drugs and addiction...

BeatleGirl...Thanks for the information about this book! It's Cool that it's the favorite song of the character Naoko! It sounds like a Cool novel!

You're Right about the cover of "Lucy in the Sky". It IS styled the same way as the Album cover with her Picture fading to black towards the left! Would be interesting to Know if it was done on purpose! :-) Sounds interesting, maybe you should read Lucy in the Sky as well, since it was written by the same author!! Both Books sound very interesting!

In a book I'm currently reading, Dollhouse by Anya Allyn, someone in the story is wearing a Beatles shirt! ;)

It's about 4 teenagers who come across a mysterious, crumbling mansion in the depths of the mountains... Someone is about to vanish, and one of them is lying about what they know. 

In addition to that, an excerpt from the book:

“Yeah,” I said. “Wouldn’t want to miss a sixties dress-up. But I won’t be getting groovy with Dominic. He’s not my style.” A pang hit the center of my back. Aisha would have loved a sixties party— she’d said she wished she was a teenager of that era. I bet she would have wanted to dress as John Lennon, her idol.

LOL, this mystery book has a subject I like and a character that I can relate to!

And also, here's a book by Summer Kinard called Can't Buy Me Love.

Not really sure if there is a Beatles reference in the book besides the title, but I sure hope there is!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcoming Beatlemaniacs! Join Beatles Abbey Road!

Birthdays

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

John Paul posted a status
"Happy B-Day Paul! You brought so many people together. Your music has provided me many great memories that I will never forget."
Jun 18, 2022
John Paul and BeatleLuvr13 are now friends
Apr 21, 2022
Mike Pell commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Dec 14, 2021
Beatlemaniac commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 20, 2021
Mike Pell commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 19, 2021
Beatlemaniac commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 17, 2021
Mike Pell posted a blog post
Jul 14, 2020
Robert McNaught is now a member of BEATLES ABBEY ROAD // A Place for Beatles Fans To Come Together
Jul 8, 2020

© 2024   Created by Annalina Lennon McCartney.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service