Beatles thoughts meander like an endless rain into a paperback writer...

SO, HERE IS WHERE YOU CAN SHARE YOUR RANDOM BEATLES THOUGHT! TOTALLY RANDOM! FISH STICKS AND PINEAPPLE HEARTS!

Views: 2752

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In April 1975 at the Homebrew Computer Club's fourth meeting, in Menlo Park, California, Steve Dompier played "The Fool on the Hill" and "Daisy Bell" using an Altair 8800 and a radio.

Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daisy_Bell

How do you find these things? LOL! Cool!!! :-)

http://www.digibarn.com/collections/weirdstuff/altair-sheetmusic/

I happen to "spot" Beatles here, there, and everywhere! I actually liked the song Daisy Belle since I was a young girl, and it's such a cute song title, and it led me to that wikipedia article... then bam! Beatles reference! Today I also saw an apartment complex called The Savoy... and I thought "Savoy Truffle" apartments! Cool video - I didn't think to search it on YouTube. So interesting! I wonder if Steve Dompier's favorite Beatles song is "Fool on the Hill". Really good song, The Beatles and bossa nova versions. :-)

Yes... you sure do "spot" Beatles "here, there, and everywhere"!!! And we always Enjoy the things you post!! :-D Daisy Belle IS a cute song title! So, that's how you found out about this. Cool!! :-) Savoy Truffle Apartments!! That's Cool!! I think of things like that sometimes too. Glad you liked the Video! It's the Only one on YouTube. I wonder if  "Fool on the Hill" was Steve Dompier's favorite Beatles song too? Yes, a Really Good Song!! YES, The Beatles and bossa nova versions!!  :-)

I love that we have "Raven Radio Beatles 24/7" on our homepage. SHOUTcast has at least 5 other Beatley stations & I was just wondering if you had picked "Raven" because it's the best or if it was just a coincidence. I'm asking because I don't get to listen to SHOUTcast as much as I'd like, & I was hoping to find out if anyone has listened to all of these stations enough to know which one is the best. "Raven" never disappoints me when I come here, so I'm led to believe this one is the best! I was just hoping someone had more insight. It's a bit overwhelming when you see so many Beatley stations & never know which one to pick!

If anyone is familiar, please elaborate for me. I'd love to know which one(s) might just play the basic Beatles songs vs. stations that play more obscure things like Anthology stuff or live stuff vs. stations that play solo Beatles music too vs. stations that play things other than JPG&R sometimes, etc.!

PS: Their station "Macca Radio" is wonderful! :-)

I'm very glad you enjoy the Raven Radio Beatles 24/7 on our homepage. I picked Raven Radio as it's been a reliable station with little to no interruption, and pure Beatles. On ShoutCast, I noticed that some Beatles radios disappear only to reappear again, and other ones just don't play enough Beatles. Even though I would like a mix of JPGR solos and the more 'obscure stuff' like you mentioned, Beatles-only radio should suffice. I'm always on the lookout for more quality radios on ShoutCast for when the embedded radio on BAR eventually dies as it's happened plenty of times before. Now I'm inspired to look for that perfect blend of Beatles & solo radio. I'll let you know if I find something!

I had a random Beatle thought but I forgot to remember to forget... I mean to remember but now I forget what it was. Hmm...

I think you're right about the "Raven" station! I'm glad to hear their 100% Beatles! That's exactly what I was hoping to hear... ;-)

Well, Raven Radio pooped out, so I had to replace it with 181.FM Beatles Radio. Today I tried the John Lennon radio on iHeartRadio and it was all John and Beatle solos, until it started playing music by other artists.

Random beatley thought: I want to start "A Beatley Thing" thread! There can never be enough BEATLES TOPICS TO GO AROUND! HAHHAHAHA *Goes Beatle Crazy*

*BEATLE SQUEAL*

My goal for this evening, depending on when I "get back homeward" from work, is to chat with my Beatle Peedles here for the 1st time in a long time! I can't keep letting work, life, & unimportant nonsense get in the way if my quality Beatle-time! :-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcoming Beatlemaniacs! Join Beatles Abbey Road!

Birthdays

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

John Paul posted a status
"Happy B-Day Paul! You brought so many people together. Your music has provided me many great memories that I will never forget."
Jun 18, 2022
John Paul and BeatleLuvr13 are now friends
Apr 21, 2022
Mike Pell commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Dec 14, 2021
Beatlemaniac commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 20, 2021
Mike Pell commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 19, 2021
Beatlemaniac commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 17, 2021
Mike Pell posted a blog post
Jul 14, 2020
Robert McNaught is now a member of BEATLES ABBEY ROAD // A Place for Beatles Fans To Come Together
Jul 8, 2020

© 2024   Created by Annalina Lennon McCartney.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service