I love Paul!!! 

Views: 2095

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Paul McCartney walks arm-in-arm with wife Nancy on 72nd birthday stroll

He’s on the road to recovery after being struck down with a mystery illness during his tour of the Far East in May.

Stepping out on Wednesday, Sir Paul McCartney looked decidedly chipper as he began his 72nd birthday with a stroll close to his London home.

Sporting a hooded blue top and black Adidas tracksuit bottoms, the former Beatle had a spring in his step as he greeted onlookers with a cheerful smile – although he resisted the urge to offer the thumbs up gesture he’s renowned for.

Nancy Shevell and Paul McCartney celebrating his 72nd birthday at the Ivy Club.

What a line up: Marjorie Bach (1), sister of Ringo Starr's wife Barbara Bach (2); Glenn Frey (3) of The Eagles; Sir Paul (4) with wife Nancy Shevell (5); George Harrison's widow Olivia (6); The Eagles' Joe Walsh (7), husband of Marjorie Bach; Cindy Millican (8), Glenn Frey's wife.

:-)

Glad Paul spent time with good friends! :-) & I'm also happy he took time to recover after his illness!

Sir Paul said: "It's a really, really great song — it's a big favorite of mine. I was asked recently to give my top 10 favorite songs for a Japanese radio station ... I didn't think long and hard on it but I popped that [God Only Knows] on the top of my list. It's very deep. Very emotional, always a bit of a choker for me, that one. There are certain songs that just hit home with me, and they're the strangest collection of songs ... but that is high on the list, I must say ... God Only Knows' ' lyrics are great. Those do it to me every time."
"'God Only Knows' is one of the few songs that reduces me to tears every time I hear it. It's really just a love song, but it's brilliantly done. It shows the genius of Brian. I've actually performed it with him and I'm afraid to say that during the sound check I broke down. It was just too much to stand there singing this song that does my head in and to stand there singing it with Brian."

I'm Glad Paul spent some time with good friends too!! :-) I'm Also, Happy he took the time he needed to recover after his illness!!  :-)

Thanks for posting this BeatleGirl!! :-)

I Always Loved this song!! It's one of my Favorite Songs! I read that this was Paul's Favorite song years ago! I Loved what Paul said here!! And Thanks for posting the signed Song sheet too. A Rare Find!! :-)

Here is a couple of related videos:

So Paul played 39 songs in Kansas City last night! WOW! LOL he has more energy than me!

I read the setlist and these are the *new* songs that he didn't play last time in KC in 2010:

Eight Days A Week, Save Us, Another Day, Listen To What The Man Said,
My Valentine, New, Queenie Eye, All Together Now, Lovely Rita,
Everybody Out There, Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite,
Kansas City/Hey Hey Hey Hey!, Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight

Sounds great! Wish I could've been there! :( 

But at least I got to see him perform "Letting Go" once. That's a rarity! :)

You've such a positive, beautiful spirit! That was indeed a rarity & a blessing :-)

♡ ♥ Sadie ♥ ♡ said:

So Paul played 39 songs in Kansas City last night! WOW! LOL he has more energy than me!

I read the setlist and these are the *new* songs that he didn't play last time in KC in 2010:

Eight Days A Week, Save Us, Another Day, Listen To What The Man Said,
My Valentine, New, Queenie Eye, All Together Now, Lovely Rita,
Everybody Out There, Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite,
Kansas City/Hey Hey Hey Hey!, Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight

Sounds great! Wish I could've been there! :( 

But at least I got to see him perform "Letting Go" once. That's a rarity! :)

AWW! Thank you, BeatleNut! That just made me feel alot better!

Unfortunately, that concert was on a Wednesday which is a work night. So no show for me :(

I can't help but feel bad about you being alone in the chatroom!

But you said "Just the chance of a chat made every minute worth it!"

You are just TOO sweet!!!! <3

It's best if we chat when you have a better Internet connection and more time to spare, anyway.

BeatleGirl & I are usually in there on Friday evenings, so tomorrow night there's a good chance of catching us!

Have a fab day!  :-)

Anyone out there with an Apple device (such as an iPad) tried any of Paul's new album apps yet?

I wish I could, but I only have Android devices :(

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=877962

Sadie! WOW!! He sure has more energy than me too!!! LOL!

Great Songs!!! I wish you could have been there too!!  :-(

I seen him perform ""Letting Go" too, the One time I seen him in concert! That IS a Rarity!! :-)

BeatleNut9!  I Agree!!!  :-)

Sadie! That was so Sweet!! You Both are So Sweet!! :-)

I'm still in the stone age when it comes to having an iPad or an Android device!! :-(( LOL!!

I hope it's just a rumor!!! Paul and Kanye are collaborating on a song called "Piss on my grave"??? WHAT'S THIS WORLD COMING TO??? IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!

http://wcbsfm.cbslocal.com/2014/08/18/kanye-west-paul-mccartney-rep...

I've been panicking over this news too. I think it's real. Oh my GOD.

Beatle ♥ Girl Loves You! ♥♥♥ said:

I hope it's just a rumor!!! Paul and Kanye are collaborating on a song called "Piss on my grave"??? WHAT'S THIS WORLD COMING TO??? IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!

http://wcbsfm.cbslocal.com/2014/08/18/kanye-west-paul-mccartney-rep...

I don't understand…the apps are albums?

Sadie Rita [♥] said:

Anyone out there with an Apple device (such as an iPad) tried any of Paul's new album apps yet?

I wish I could, but I only have Android devices :(

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=877962

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcoming Beatlemaniacs! Join Beatles Abbey Road!

Birthdays

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

John Paul posted a status
"Happy B-Day Paul! You brought so many people together. Your music has provided me many great memories that I will never forget."
Jun 18, 2022
John Paul and BeatleLuvr13 are now friends
Apr 21, 2022
Mike Pell commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Dec 14, 2021
Beatlemaniac commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 20, 2021
Mike Pell commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 19, 2021
Beatlemaniac commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 17, 2021
Mike Pell posted a blog post
Jul 14, 2020
Robert McNaught is now a member of BEATLES ABBEY ROAD // A Place for Beatles Fans To Come Together
Jul 8, 2020

© 2024   Created by Annalina Lennon McCartney.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service