I love Paul!!! 

Views: 2095

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

CLICK HERE TO READ

...The Huffington Post's article called "5 Surprising Similarities Between Paul McCartney and Kanye West". Wow! What??!! I lost all respect for The Huffington Post now. #4 is the worst!

It says they both share a big ego! Unbelievable!

Thanks for the Link Sadie!! I found the article interesting. And how can any of the Beatles Not have a large ego after all they achieved? I'm sure Paul doesn't have a small ego and is self loathing! LOL! I liked what she said here: "I can't say I love everything Kanye's done, and, to my ear, there's too often a misogyny that I find disturbing. But the takeaway for me is that Paul McCartney is still opening my ears to new music, and I thank him for that. He models an open, youthful mindset that could benefit all his aging boomer fans."

From what she said I guess that's why Paul chose Kanye because Kanye is a loved artist of a lot of the Youth Today it seems. And "But the takeaway for me is that Paul McCartney is still opening my ears to new music, and I thank him for that. He models an open, youthful mindset that could benefit all his aging boomer fans."

She could be right about that for "some" but Not All of Paul's Fans! Most Beatles' Fans like us and most aging boomer fans like me were offended by Paul's choice in Kanye!! The fact that we just don't like Kanye for Many reasons and are not turned on by Rap music, is so disturbing to us!! I guess for "some" Beatles' Fans it might have been a way to turn them on to the new music of Today? For Many like Us we just want to hear Paul's Classic Sound!!

And the reasons for Kanye's Massive Ego is Very Disturbing to me!! LOL!!! Thanks for the Link! Was interesting! ;-)

You're right, Beatlebob. At least Paul has a reason to feel special. And even then, he still seems amazingly modest and down-to-earth to me! I don't think he ever let fame or fortune or his talent go to his head. Kanye's ego, on the other hand, has no reason to exist. The only thing he's ever done that's worth bragging about in my opinion is a collaboration with Paul... but that shouldn't even count since the vocal was awful and only the piano keyboard in the background sounded good... LOL!

Sadie, I Certainly Agree what you said about Paul!! Paul and the rest of The Beatles Certainly have a reason to feel Special!! But, they never flaunted their egos or did offensive disturbing things like Kanye does!!

Re: "At least Paul has a reason to feel special. And even then, he still seems amazingly modest and down-to-earth to me! I don't think he ever let fame or fortune or his talent go to his head."

You're So Right About That!!!!

Re: "Kanye's ego, on the other hand, has no reason to exist. The only thing he's ever done that's worth bragging about in my opinion is a collaboration with Paul... but that shouldn't even count since the vocal was awful and only the piano keyboard in the background sounded good... LOL!"

LOL!!! You're Certainly Right About This Too!!!!! LOL!! :-)

I read the news today, oh boy! My worst nightmare = officially confirmed.

"I think I've had enough", also!

Never thought our precious Paul could stoop so low!

It's saddening, really.

Even more sad how one must navigate over to Rihanna's official website in order to hear, which I still haven't gained composure to attempt yet. I'd still rather do that (I'm assuming it's free. It'd better be!) than purchase the Kanye collaboration song on iTunes for $1 though.

I'm already afraid to give it a listen! But Paul was able to save "Only One" (It'd be a disaster without his input, of course. That's probably why the song was called "Only One".)

So who knows? He most likely "saved" this song too. At least it says it's acoustic. I was expecting another autotuned electronica disaster. Hopefully the song title "FourFiveSeconds" means the duration of this new tune will be bittersweetly brief. That would make me feel better.

Perhaps Paul's recent injudicious behavior is a sign of the apocalypse, indeed.

The title could also refer to the doomsday clock that was recently moved a bit forward.

Now I sound like a conspiracy theorist! LOL! 

Has anyone heard this yet? Is it safe to give it a try?

Or is Paul's massive song catalog much better off without it?

I thought Paul might sing on this? He only played guitar.

"This is unlike anything we’ve ever seen from Rihanna and Kanye.

Rihanna and Kanye slowed things down for the guitar track and let their voices do the work. Their voices mixed together is all sorts of wonderful. Paul takes the song to the next level with his amazing guitar work. This isn’t your typical club hit, and we wouldn’t have it any other way."

I listened to it. It wasn't bad. But, not my cup of tea!

LMAO!!!! I Loved what You said here!! :-) And Agree! ;-)

LOL! I finally found it on YouTube (it will most likely be removed soon, so catch it while you still can!) It's not my cup of tea either! Sounds like Rhianna and Kanye singing R&B duet style over Paul's folky poppy background. Not a matching combination but he makes it work out somehow without completely sucking. I like it more than "Only One" musically but thought the lyrics were kind of dumb (same with TheSongTitle). I didn't like how Paul got second billing as a "featured" artist last time. Even worse, now he gets third billing! But in a way, those songs are not good enough to be worth getting your name mentioned on first anyway. ;-)

The only person I love seeing Paul collaborate with nowadays is Ringo! :-D

LOL!! Glad you found it on YouTube! I didn't think it would be your cup of tea either! LOL! ;-) Yes, Not a matching combination but he makes it work out somehow without completely sucking! I liked it more that "Only One" too! Yes, and even Worse he got Third Billing in this one!! :-(
Re: "But in a way, those songs are not good enough to be worth getting your name mentioned on first anyway. ;-)"
LOL!!! I AGREE!! ;-) I also, agree that the only person I love seeing Paul collaborate with nowadays is Ringo!! :-)

If you get a chance to watch the SNL 40th Anniversary Special Tonight, do so. Hopefully Paul McCartney will perform and some others!

Check out the Link:

http://diffuser.fm/saturday-night-live-40th-anniversary-special-music/

:-)

Cool! I heard about that but I don't have cable TV anymore, just Netflix. If anyone watches it and Paul's on, let us know!
Oh, it can be watched online? Thanks for that link, Beatlebob! I like SNL, but the old skits were alot funnier than the stuff they do now. They still have some good musical acts performing there sometimes though. :-)

Sadie: You're Welcome for the Link!! I'm not sure if it can be watched online? Did you manage to watch it online? I Hope So!! I feel the same way about SNL!! The old skits sure were a lot funnier than the stuff they do now!! I Really enjoyed the original cast and shows for the first few years!! After that I still enjoyed watching the show on and off. And they DID have a lot of Great musical acts from time to time!! And still do.

In case you couldn't watch it online:

Paul McCartney SNL 40th Anniversary, Maybe I'm Amazed:                         

This was Funny in the beginning of the show:

LOL! Keith Richards made a sly introduction: "In the early Sixties a band came out of England and it changed the world But enough about the Rolling Stones: Ladies and gentlemen, Paul McCartney". Then Paul and his band played "Maybe I'm Amazed".

I can't find any videos of Paul singing "Maybe I'm Amazed"!  :-( I guess NBC blocked it? :-(

Just found this Pic.

It was Great seeing Paul!! But to me, his voice sounded kind of hoarse. :-( But it was Great seeing Paul anyway!!

Seeing lots of tweets complaining about Paul’s voice. Like: Uh, did Paul McCartney blow his voice at his Valentine’s concert?  :-(

Sad!

Sadie: Cute Profile Pic!!  :-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcoming Beatlemaniacs! Join Beatles Abbey Road!

Birthdays

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

John Paul posted a status
"Happy B-Day Paul! You brought so many people together. Your music has provided me many great memories that I will never forget."
Jun 18, 2022
John Paul and BeatleLuvr13 are now friends
Apr 21, 2022
Mike Pell commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Dec 14, 2021
Beatlemaniac commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 20, 2021
Mike Pell commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 19, 2021
Beatlemaniac commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 17, 2021
Mike Pell posted a blog post
Jul 14, 2020
Robert McNaught is now a member of BEATLES ABBEY ROAD // A Place for Beatles Fans To Come Together
Jul 8, 2020

© 2024   Created by Annalina Lennon McCartney.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service