Biographical documentary tracing John Lennon's life and music.
Release Date September 2000

Views: 93

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This one looks familiar. I might have seen this on PBS or one of those bio channels? Thanks for posting this!! I'm going to watch it again!!! :-D

This one was very familiar for me too. I kept seeing this title on YouTube, and so I finally watched it. Then, I started to wonder. It may have been the first time I cried or felt a connection to John. I was probably 9 or 10 at the time, and my mom was watching a documentary on TV. Of course, I was more interested in my own little world, so for a full hour, trying to ignore all this old people programming, once the end credits started to play, I heard "In My Life"... I cried -- and I didn't know why! I was so emotional. I really liked that song and told my young self, I'll find this song again someday. Then by the time I was 14, I was a full-pledged Beatlemaniac. My first album would be "A Hard Day's Night", followed by a difficult choice I had to make for my second album at K-mart. I was trying to choose from all of them. I only had enough money for one album. I looked at Abbey Road. "Gee, they look older and the cover album looks more mature"..."Magical Mystery Tour? What a weird cover!" ... "Beatles For Sale? They didn't look too happy"... Plus I didn't recognize or heard a single song on them. Then I saw "Rubber Soul". "In My Life. I know that one!" So I got it, and it would also be one of my favorite Beatles albums. Everyday for a full month after school, that was the disc I'd pop in my computer and play repeatedly over and over again....

Through all these years, "In My Life" would continue to be one of my most favourite of all Beatles songs.

I really liked this bio because it featured interviews from people who were close to John. It's different reading about his life story in a book and seeing the photos and video footage, along with with commentary from people who personally knew him. Seeing this made me feel closer to the man behind these songs, and I appreciate them putting this together for John's legacy and his fans around the world.

You're welcome, Beatle Bob! :-)

I wonder if I saw this one...

BeatleGirl: Thank You for sharing your Very Touching story with us about your connection to John!! "In My Life" is one of their Best and Beautiful songs!! And "Rubber Soul" is one of their Best Albums and one of my Favorite Albums too!! When the album came out I bought it right away. I Loved the Cover of the Album, it looked So Cool!! I played the album over and over again! I loved the songs, I thought this is their Best Album yet! So many Great Songs on Rubber Soul!! I see why "In My Life" is one of your most favorite Beatles songs!

I Totally Agree with what you said about This Bio!!! It's Fantastic!!

Thank You again, for sharing your thoughts and This Bio!!! :-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcoming Beatlemaniacs! Join Beatles Abbey Road!

Birthdays

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

John Paul posted a status
"Happy B-Day Paul! You brought so many people together. Your music has provided me many great memories that I will never forget."
Jun 18, 2022
John Paul and BeatleLuvr13 are now friends
Apr 21, 2022
Mike Pell commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Dec 14, 2021
Beatlemaniac commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 20, 2021
Mike Pell commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 19, 2021
Beatlemaniac commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 17, 2021
Mike Pell posted a blog post
Jul 14, 2020
Robert McNaught is now a member of BEATLES ABBEY ROAD // A Place for Beatles Fans To Come Together
Jul 8, 2020

© 2024   Created by Annalina Lennon McCartney.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service