What is the ultimate Beatles book, in your opinion(s)? I've read a lot of books that talk about a certain topic or era & books that may be intended for more advanced fanatics, but what's the best book to give someone with ZERO previous knowledge the best overview? I'm looking for something that could be considered the "book version" of the Anthology, but the actual Anthology book is enormous & probably intimidating for someone who is looking for an overview. Does anyone have a suggestion that I could recommend to friends who are curious about the lads?

Views: 293

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

4 years is a lot! I hope she has it and returns it to you someday.

BeatleNut, I am opening an eBay store soon (to raise money for my Paul concert) and my Anthology DVDs will most likely be up for sale. And more Beatle goodies (BeatleGirl said she would be interested)

I wish you luck converting your friend into a Beatles fan! :)

And that's horrible what happened to your old book!

The reason why I haven't written my name/info on any of my Beatles books and magazines is to not ruin the condition because they will probably be up for sale soon :(

Well, the thought of selling Beatles stuff sounds dreadful, but not as much if it gets you a Paul ticket! Let us know your eBay username so that your belongings will go to loving homes…& maybe one day when we're all doing better financially, we can return your things to you! It all deserves to "get back to where it once belonged!"

BeatleNut9:

re: "I remember how big of a deal it was when my mom brought the VHS box set home. It was $120!"

Must have been Great to have that new Box Set!! :-) When they first came out, they were pretty expensive. I was Glad I taped it when it aired on TV. ;-)

re: "I need to get/borrow the DVDs. If I had them & were able to take collateral from people to make sure I got everything back in perfect condition, I would totally lend them out to everyone I know! (I'm so bitter that an old friend of mine never gave me back one of my favorite books with notes in the margins…probably sold it & I had my home address inside the front cover to make sure I never lost it. Sigh. I'm scared to lend anyone anything now.)"

WOW!! I'm so sorry to hear that happened! I don't blame you for being scared to lend anyone anything now!!!  :-(

re: ":( Aww, BeatleNut9! This makes me want to make sure my name, email address, and physical address are on ALL the inside covers of my Beatley books."

I hear that!!

re: " No one should have to do that with their friends, but that's the way it is. I just hope that old friend still has the book & I'll get it back someday…even though we used to spend at least 1 night a week together & I've not really even heard from her in 4 years! :-/"

WOW!! I agree with BeatleGirl!! 4 Years is A Lot!! I hope she returns it to you someday!!

I agree with Sadie! I wish you luck too, converting your friend into a Beatles Fan!! :-) I also, agree that it's Horrible what happened to your old book!!  :-(

Sadie, I'm Sorry to hear you're selling your Anthology DVDs and other Beatle Goodies!! :-(( But, like BeatleNut said....."Well, the thought of selling Beatles stuff sounds dreadful, but not as much if it gets you a Paul ticket!"

I Hope when things get better financially you'll be able to have these Beatle Treasures Back!!

*HUGS* to you all. You guys make life worth living…there's nothing better than someone who appreciates THE BEATLES!

AWW! *Hugs* You are too sweet, BeatleNut! :-)

I agree! It's nice to know that there's people like you guys out there who actually understand me and the extreme love for the lads! :-)

BeatleNut9 said:

*HUGS* to you all. You guys make life worth living…there's nothing better than someone who appreciates THE BEATLES!

Sadie…what is the difference between having an eBay account & having an eBay store? Is there a difference? I've never done eBay myself before, so I don't know. I might need to start selling random things too!

I used to record things all of the time to VHS (& still do if it's really important) but I remember only successfully recording some of the Anthology. I forget why it didn't work at least one time, so it was incomplete. I'm glad my mom was able to snag the real deal!

I couldn't live without my DVR because I'm never home, LOL. I do miss the excitement of sitting down for something before it began live, but I don't miss not seeing so many things that I wasn't home for, especially important Beatley things. I also love being able to pause & rewind live television so that I don't miss out on anything! That's one non-retro thing I can truly appreciate & perhaps one day you will too.

Absolutely, Sadie. Friends like you all are hard to find!

♡ ♥ Sadie ♥ ♡ said:

AWW! *Hugs* You are too sweet, BeatleNut! :-)

I agree! It's nice to know that there's people like you guys out there who actually understand me and the extreme love for the lads! :-)

BeatleNut9 said:

AWW! That brings a tear to my eye. I don't know what I would do without you all and this website!

It's my only pleasant escape from the daily struggles of reality. :-)

BeatleNut9 said:

Absolutely, Sadie. Friends like you all are hard to find!

re: "*HUGS* to you all. You guys make life worth living…there's nothing better than someone who appreciates THE BEATLES!:

BeatleNut! HUGS Back!! I couldn't agree more!! :-)

re: "I agree! It's nice to know that there's people like you guys out there who actually understand me and the extreme love for the lads! :-)"

I Agree Sadie!! I Feel The Same Way!! :-)

re: "I don't know what I would do without you all and this website!

It's my only pleasant escape from the daily struggles of reality. :-)"

I Sure know what you mean Sadie!! I couldn't have said it any better!! I Love You Guys and This Website, and Retro Sugar Too!!  :-)

BeatleNut9, I'm not sure about the eBay thing? But, I think having Just an eBay account lets you bid on and purchase things and sell something on there. I think if you have more than just a few things that you're selling on there, you can have an eBay Store. Not sure how to go about that, since I never had an eBay store? I'm sure eBay has plenty of information about that. Maybe Sadie or BeatleGirl can tell you about this?

I miss having a VCR since I can't record things anymore! It's Cool that you still have one and still use it! Sorry to hear something went wrong with recording part of the Anthology! It's Great that your Mom was able to snag the Real Deal!! :-)

It's Great that you have a DVR for the reasons you mentioned!! :-) When I can afford to pay extra each month for one, I'll look into it!! I Hope Sadie will be able to have a DVR when she's able too!

Have a FAB Day My Beatle Buddies!! :-)

Well, my mom's been using eBay since the 90s, so I need to ask her! She knows more than anyone, I would think.

You should try asking your mom, BeatleNut! Wow! I wasn't even on the Internet yet until the year 2000! lol!

I have those same questions too! Since I am planning on opening an eBay store soon. I believe any eBay user can sell things, like Beatlebob said.

You could ask BeatleGirl too. She should know because she sells stuff on eBay, and I've even bought a 1960s looking eyeshadow palette from her! :-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcoming Beatlemaniacs! Join Beatles Abbey Road!

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

Latest Activity

John Paul posted a status
"Happy B-Day Paul! You brought so many people together. Your music has provided me many great memories that I will never forget."
Jun 18, 2022
John Paul and BeatleLuvr13 are now friends
Apr 21, 2022
Mike Pell commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Dec 14, 2021
Beatlemaniac commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 20, 2021
Mike Pell commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 19, 2021
Beatlemaniac commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 17, 2021
Mike Pell posted a blog post
Jul 14, 2020
Robert McNaught is now a member of BEATLES ABBEY ROAD // A Place for Beatles Fans To Come Together
Jul 8, 2020

© 2024   Created by Annalina Lennon McCartney.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service