Learn and share new Beatles facts everyday!

Views: 1096

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Many of us have always heard that George could play 26 instruments, but I recently found out what they are: guitar/sitar/4-string guitar/bass guitar/arp bass/violin/tamboura/dobro/swarmandal/tabla/organ/piano/moog synthesizer/harmonica/autoharp/glockenspiel/vibraphone/xylophone/claves/African drum/conga drum/tympani/ukelele/mandolin/marimba/Jai-Tarang

Oooh! There really ARE 26 instruments! Thanks for listing them! :D

My recently learned Beatle fact is...

duh-dah-duh-DAH!! *drum-roll*

LOLOL That Yoko was the one singing the eerie sound of "Birthday" ... I wasn't paying attention much to the song, but then my little head told me, Hey! That sounds like YOKO! Omgsh, it is! I just think it's funny! Haha.

I will never hear that song the same way again! It's 1000x better now that Yoko is in it xD

I think I once heard that Pattie sings on "Birthday" too, but I've never really been able to hear her! Maybe it's just because Yoko's louder :]

LOL I used to think the soft voice singing "Biiirrtthhddaaayyy" in the background was a bunch of kids because children like to celebrate birthdays. I thought the same about "The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill" in the "...not when he looked so fierce.." bit because that's like a children theme story song and the "all the children sing" lyric. But then I read it's actually Yoko Ono. The Beatles women supposedly sang on "Wild Honey Pie" too but I don't really hear any female voices there. LOL.

A new Beatle fact I learned recently was John Lennon liked the song called "A Whiter Shade of Pale" . So do I! :)

BEATLES WOMEN CANT SING FOR CRAP...WORSE THAN RINGO DA GRINGO

Sadie on

LOL I used to think the soft voice singing "Biiirrtthhddaaayyy" in the background was a bunch of kids because children like to celebrate birthdays. I thought the same about "The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill" in the "...not when he looked so fierce.." bit because that's like a children theme story song and the "all the children sing" lyric. But then I read it's actually Yoko Ono.

LOL! I used to think the same thing. Yoko sounds like a child singing! She surely is an Ocean child!

That's true about "Wild Honey Pie"...and it was only left on the album because Pattie loved it so much. I love all the Beatles women, except Heather, of course...ewz.

I learned this from SongFacts sometime ago (or maybe even longer, perhaps in a book), and I can honestly say that Paul McCartney's favorite song of all time is "God Only Knows" by The Beach Boys... I love that song also! It's definitely on the top of my fave songs list. :-) He mentions the song on numerous occasions. For one, he listed it as the first song on his iTunes playlist page. And again, on the Wiki page for the song, it shows that in a 1990 interview, he had mentioned the song as a personal fave of his, and chokes him up whenever he listens to it. What's even cool is that 'God Only Knows' inspired the intro to "Here, There, & Everywhere" ;-) And he also said that of all the songs he has written, "Here, There, & Everywhere" is his favorite one of all. :-D

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Maybe it strikes a chord with him for his love for Linda? :-( The song makes me cry as well...

Beatle Girl & I recently learned Paul likes The Killers & Radiohead and other stuff we were surprised he was a fan of. We learned this by reading his page on iTunes. lol.

LOL! That's true... He also listed the 'Sex Pistols' as one of the bands he listens to.

Link to his playlist: http://itunes.apple.com/us/playlist/paul-mccartney/id300556064

On the song, 'Baby, You're A Rich Man', I've always wondered what that instrument in the intro was. It's the clavioline!

"The trumpet-like sound at the beginning is a clavioline, an amplified keyboard that acted as a crude synthesizer. Other songs that used a clavoline include "Telstar" by The Tornados and "Runaway" by Del Shannon." -SongFacts

I love that song Runaway by Del Shannon! I never heard of a clavioline before. lol.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcoming Beatlemaniacs! Join Beatles Abbey Road!

Birthdays

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

John Paul posted a status
"Happy B-Day Paul! You brought so many people together. Your music has provided me many great memories that I will never forget."
Jun 18, 2022
John Paul and BeatleLuvr13 are now friends
Apr 21, 2022
Mike Pell commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Dec 14, 2021
Beatlemaniac commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 20, 2021
Mike Pell commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 19, 2021
Beatlemaniac commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 17, 2021
Mike Pell posted a blog post
Jul 14, 2020
Robert McNaught is now a member of BEATLES ABBEY ROAD // A Place for Beatles Fans To Come Together
Jul 8, 2020

© 2024   Created by Annalina Lennon McCartney.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service