The owners of a Scots pub are facing legal action from Yoko Ono over the use of her late husband John Lennon’s name and image.

Lennons, in Dundee, was set up seven years ago to show “appreciation” for the former Beatle.

The pub has recently received a letter from Ms Ono’s lawyers accusing it of infringing copyright.

Lease holder Michael Craig has been ordered to remove all pictures, signs and memorabilia in 14 days.

Read Article: http://news.stv.tv/scotland/tayside/262051-breaking-up-the-bar-yoko...

So, this is what Yoko does in her spare time?

I'm sorry to hear this, but Woman! why, oh why are you bothering a Lennon fan who put all his money, time, and energy onto running a John Lennon-inspired place. Is this for real?

Please, Yoko--if you're going to close down Lennon-inspired places because of copyright infringement, please open one yourself in New York! By the way, I was almost going to make a list of Beatles-inspired restaurants and places, but since there aren't a lot around...

There is one called "Oh Yoko!" and it is located in New Jersey. It has Japanese cuisine and I'm sure the only line it crosses is that the restaurant is inspired by the song Oh Yoko! and it also features the song on its main website... It's cute and all! I wonder if Yoko herself would let this restaurant change its name!

I know there is the copyright law, but can it just be cool to let some things slide once in a while? :/ If I were rich enough, I would not need to sue anyone who has less than me.

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I Totally Agree! This was so lame! IS this what Yoko does in her spare time these days? :-((
I want to sue Yoko for her singing and needing to have a dozen songs of hers on Lennon's solo albums.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcoming Beatlemaniacs! Join Beatles Abbey Road!

Birthdays

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

John Paul posted a status
"Happy B-Day Paul! You brought so many people together. Your music has provided me many great memories that I will never forget."
Jun 18, 2022
John Paul and BeatleLuvr13 are now friends
Apr 21, 2022
Mike Pell commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Dec 14, 2021
Beatlemaniac commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 20, 2021
Mike Pell commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 19, 2021
Beatlemaniac commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 17, 2021
Mike Pell posted a blog post
Jul 14, 2020
Robert McNaught is now a member of BEATLES ABBEY ROAD // A Place for Beatles Fans To Come Together
Jul 8, 2020

© 2024   Created by Annalina Lennon McCartney.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service