So here's a start up to list all the Beatles references we've heard (or seen) in movies, songs, TV shows, etc.!

Views: 1511

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've never seen "The Rutles" or "I Wanna Hold Your Hand", but I heard they are both funny films. I've seen "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" which is an old musical movie, but I don't like it and I don't like "Across The Universe" either. I guess I just don't like other people singing their songs. LOL.

There are many other brief Beatle references I can think of, but I'm just mentioning some movies that are very Beatle inspired/related/based on for now.
I'm watching a movie right now called "Almost Famous" and it has Beatle references in it. It's one of my most favorite films ever. :)

Oh yeah, I've seen that movie before :P There's a girl nicknamed "Penny Lane" in it, right?

Well, for "The Social Network" movie they feature "Baby You're A Rich Man" near the end along with the credits, because, well, I guess Mark Zuckerberg became one I only fast-forwarded the movie in 3 mins just to watch that part :)

Yesss, the girl in that movie nicknamed "Penny Lane" reminds me so much of myself. She's a music freak and suicidal.

I'm watching Paul's film called "Give My Regards To Broad Street" right now. Ringo is in it too. It's so bad it's funny. LOL.

I LOVE "BROADSTREET!" I'm always quoting the bit after the cymbal knocks over..."Gonna be one of those days!" LOL :]
Lmao

In this song by Ricky Nelson, "Garden Party" mentions Yoko brought her "walrus" a.k.a. John attending his Garden Party, along with Mr. Hughes who hid in Dylan's shoes (a.k.a. George Harrison) ;) because I read that George's alias during his travels was Mr. Hughes and he was in Dylan's shoes because he was supposedly planning to do a cover album of Bob Dylan's songs. I thought this was interesting.

This was performed weeks before Rick Nelson's untimely death in a plane crash in 1985.

My new favorite sitcom, Melissa & Joey, Mel learns a few phrases in Japanese.

Joe teaches her "Konnichiwa" and "Sayonara" and she says,

"Hello, Goodbye, Wow, I can learn a whole Beatles song!"

I'm a renewed Smosh addict, and well, here's the part: http://youtu.be/opL6DQEkvo4?t=3m47s

Summer Rain, sung by Johnny Rivers; Written by Jim Hendricks

All summer long we were dancing in the sand
Everybody just kept on playing "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"

I hear that song Summer Rain on the radio all the time! I love the little Sgt. Pepper part! haha!

Me too! :P

Here's another reference, for the movie The Tower Heist, a guy said, "I know some of you believe I'm the reason Paul McCartney didn't buy an apartment here in 2008. Maybe I did get a little confused about the meaning of the word "wanker"." LMAO!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcoming Beatlemaniacs! Join Beatles Abbey Road!

Birthdays

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

John Paul posted a status
"Happy B-Day Paul! You brought so many people together. Your music has provided me many great memories that I will never forget."
Jun 18, 2022
John Paul and BeatleLuvr13 are now friends
Apr 21, 2022
Mike Pell commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Dec 14, 2021
Beatlemaniac commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 20, 2021
Mike Pell commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 19, 2021
Beatlemaniac commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 17, 2021
Mike Pell posted a blog post
Jul 14, 2020
Robert McNaught is now a member of BEATLES ABBEY ROAD // A Place for Beatles Fans To Come Together
Jul 8, 2020

© 2024   Created by Annalina Lennon McCartney.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service