So here's a start up to list all the Beatles references we've heard (or seen) in movies, songs, TV shows, etc.!

Views: 1511

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dollhouse sounds like a Cool Mystery book. Enjoy reading the whole book!! DOES sound like a character you can relate to!! Some references to the Sixties and John Lennon and someone in the story is wearing a Beatles shirt!! Cool!! Enjoy!!  :-)

Can't Buy Me Love:
Hurts from her past keep freegan Vanessa Fauchon stuck in a dead end relationship that feeds her heart about as much as an unvarying diet of stale bagels feeds her body. When she digs a scrapbook from the dumpster, the last thing she expects is to fall in love with the sexy Latino man in its pages. With the rich friendship and hands-on love of her strong and zany female friends – a luchadora, a yarn-bombing midwife, a professor and foraging partner, a psychic Jewish grandmother, a savvy fellow bartender, and her deeply religious, unofficially adopted mothers – Vanessa heals from her past and begins to build the graceful life she thought was out of her reach. Her love story with Javier seems on course for a happy ending, until Vanessa is publicly humiliated and loses Javier's trust. Faced with losing Javier for good, Vanessa must decide if she's willing to fight for what she loves. This is a tale of romance, friendship, and healing the hurts of the past.

Doesn't sound like there is a Beatles reference in the book besides the title, but maybe there is??  ;-)

* * *BEATLE MEETS DESTINY* * *

Imagine your name is John Lennon, but everyone calls you Beatle. And then you meet your dream girl, and her name is Destiny McCartney. But you meet her on the world's most unlucky day-Friday the 13th-and you're very superstitious. Not to mention that you're already dating the perfect girl, who happens to be your twin sister's best friend. . . . Beatle can't imagine ever leaving Cilla, who supported him after the stroke that changed his life and left him with a limp. Still, he knows that the only thing worse than staying with the wrong person is missing the chance to be with the right one.

* * *THE LONELY HEARTS CLUB* * *

Love is all you need... or is it? Penny's about to find out in this wonderful debut.

Penny is sick of boys and sick of dating. So she vows: no more. It's a personal choice. . .and, of course, soon everyone wants to know about it. And a few other girls are inspired. A movement is born: The Lonely Hearts Club (named after the band from Sgt. Pepper). Penny is suddenly known for her nondating ways . . . which is too bad, because there's this certain boy she can't help but like. . . .

* * *PEPPERLAND* * *

Pamela Jean (a.k.a. Star) is sixteen when her mother dies of breast cancer. Star is angry that her mother has died and left her, and nothing seems to make her feel better: Not talking to her shrink. Not playing rock music with her best friend Dooley. Not even listening to her mother's old familiar Beatles albums.

It is not until Star finds an unsent letter addressed to John Lennon and a broken-down vintage Gibson guitar that she begins to find a way out of her grief…and maybe even a way to take care of some unfinished business left by her mother.

Written with compassion, Mark Delaney's new novel offers a realistic and poignant look at a difficult period in a teenager's life.

Beatle Meets Destiny....A Great Find!! Looks interesting! :-)

THE LONELY HEARTS CLUB...Another Great find!! I wonder if Penny's last name is Lane?  :-)

WOW! PEPPERLAND.....Another Great find!! This looks very interesting too!!

"Not even listening to her mother's old familiar Beatles albums.

It is not until Star finds an unsent letter addressed to John Lennon and a broken-down vintage Gibson guitar that she begins to find a way out of her grief…and maybe even a way to take care of some unfinished business left by her mother."

Looks Interesting!! :-)

Cool Finds BeatleGirl!! Both Beatle inspired Titles with Beatle References!!  :-D

My BFF says there's a Beatles reference in every John Hughes movie.

Barry Blue - Dancing On A Saturday Night.: http://youtu.be/fHb60K2RLx0

^ Wtf. That song says "Helter Skelter" LOL that's not really a "dance" song. I Like that song though. Thanks for introducing me to it! :-D  The video made me laugh LOL.

And BeatleNut, that's cool what Mandy noticed! But in EVERY John Hughes film? I think it was only in his teen themed movies, but I could be wrong. I can think of a few off the top of my head that had Beatles related references in it. "Ferris Bueller", "Pretty In Pink", "The Breakfast Club", and "Sixteen Candles". There could be more. My personal favorite Hughes film ("Some Kind Of Wonderful") had Rolling Stones references though. LOL.

P.S. I agree with Beatlebob, those books BeatleGirl mentioned look cool! I knew there were online Beatles fan-fiction communities, but I didn't know there were actual books like that :-O

Sadie, That video made me laugh too!!! LOL!  ;-)

I agree, those books BeatleGirl mentioned look Cool!!! And the fact that they are Real Books is So Cool Too!! :-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcoming Beatlemaniacs! Join Beatles Abbey Road!

Birthdays

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

John Paul posted a status
"Happy B-Day Paul! You brought so many people together. Your music has provided me many great memories that I will never forget."
Jun 18, 2022
John Paul and BeatleLuvr13 are now friends
Apr 21, 2022
Mike Pell commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Dec 14, 2021
Beatlemaniac commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 20, 2021
Mike Pell commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 19, 2021
Beatlemaniac commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 17, 2021
Mike Pell posted a blog post
Jul 14, 2020
Robert McNaught is now a member of BEATLES ABBEY ROAD // A Place for Beatles Fans To Come Together
Jul 8, 2020

© 2024   Created by Annalina Lennon McCartney.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service