Animal poaching has gone out of control. Majestic creatures being butchered for personal gain or used for entertainment in circuses or made captive by zoos. They are often abused and kept in small cages.

Hundreds of elephants are killed by poachers every year just for their tusks.

Visit: http://savetheelephants.org/

Here are 7 ways you can help elephants now:

1. Support organizations working to protect habitat,  to stop illegal poaching and ivory trade, or building sanctuaries and other places for domesticated elephants to live freely, such as these.

2. Boycott organizations that exploit/abuse elephants for entertainment and profit.
Elephants do not belong in circus tents or zoos. Period.

3. Buy wood products certified by the Forest Stewardship Council.
The FSC promotes “environmentally sound, socially beneficial and economically prosperous management of the world’s forests,” the elephant’s natural habitat!

4. Buy fair-trade, shade-grown coffee.
Commercial crops grown on plantations have decimated elephant habitats.

5. Don’t buy ivory!
Antique ivory can still be legally purchased and can be found in jewelry, pool cues and balls, dominoes, and piano keys.

6. Adopt an elephant at an animal sanctuary!
You can make a difference in the life of an elephant today by sponsoring or adopting an elephant who lives at an animal sanctuary (such as The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee).  Your donation and/or sponsorship helps to pay for food, shelter, and vet bills.

7. Talk about elephants!
Starting a conversation can get people thinking about a topic differently, and the more people who are aware of their plight, the more chance we have to help change it. Spread the word not only about why we should help, but how we can.

More here: http://www.yourdailyvegan.com/2013/05/04/ways-you-can-help-elephant...

Views: 273

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is what Ringo's current website homepage looks like! :)

Paul recently signed a guitar to help raise funds for The Nature Conservancy's #saveElephants campaign. 

The left-handed Martin D-28 was auctioned for $50,000 on eBay.

Full details HERE: http://www.paulmccartney.com/news-blogs/news/paul-helps-to-saveelep...

Paul signed it, "This guitar saves elephants!!!" 

More information on the campaign can be found HERE:http://www.nature.org/ourinitiatives/regions/africa/elephants/index...

BeatleGirl! Thanks for making this Post! As an Animal Lover this makes me Sick!!! So many animals around the world go through such Horror like this for personal gain by people!! :-( Makes me So Sad and So Angry!!

Thanks for posting all the information about how to help!! I Love the Fact that Paul and Ringo are Helping!! Great and So Cool!

Thanks for all the Links!

Save The Elephants!!

I love animals too. I am so thankful to my two beatle boys for caring for the elephants. 

It's nice to see another Animal Lover here! :-) I'm So Thankful too about that!

I feel the same...I mean, to find other animal lovers here. In fact, I even created an organization for the protection of animals, though nowadays I am sort of retired.  I am vegetarian too, almost vegan. :) 

People who Love The Beatles and Love Animals are Very Special People!!  :-) A lot of members here feel the same way! WOW!! It's So Wonderful that you even created an organization for the protection of animals!! And Cool that you're a vegetarian. BeatleGirl is trying to be a vegetarian too.  :-)

Want a suggestion? Start little by little. I stopped red meat first. Some  months later I felt I could do without chicken or any bird. Almost one year later I said no to fish. Some months later not more milk, butter  or cheese. Today is easy because I simply don't like the taste of meat anymore. It would be hard to eat meat now. :) But I didn't force me. I let it came naturally. I still have eggs, tough. Not all kinds. I buy the ones that come from farmers with the chickens roaming free. Vegans disapprove me for that, I know. Oh, no honey either! Not anymore. However, I eat very well. There are plenty of veggie food aournd, all of them very delicious. Sorry, this is not for this kind of coversation.:) But somehow it is, as Paul is veggie and has his Meat Free Monday campaign. I started it here in my city a couple of years ago. 

Thanks for the tips on how to become a vegetarian! Very Helpful! Unfortunately for me, I still enjoy eating meat and poultry sometimes. But, I Hope BeatleGirl and others here will benefit from these tips!! I agree with this being Beatle related as Paul is a vegetarian and has his Meat Free Monday campaign. So Cool that you started it in your city a couple of years ago!  :-)

Have a Great Weekend!  :-)

When I decided to stop eating meat I like the taste of it. Very much. Once I stopped it changed...so it may happen to you as well.  Now I can't stand the smell of it. Seems it's something rotten. Really! LOL

WOW!! Now you can't stand the smell of meat! It smells like something is rotten!! LOL!!
It Surely changed once you stopped eating meat!

There is something else. Food is more delicious now. I can savour everything else much better. I have to be cautious not to eat too much...LOL 

That's Great that food is more delicious now! Glad to hear you can savour everything else much better now! :-)  But, you have to be cautious not to eat too much!!!  LOL LOL!  :-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcoming Beatlemaniacs! Join Beatles Abbey Road!

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

Latest Activity

John Paul posted a status
"Happy B-Day Paul! You brought so many people together. Your music has provided me many great memories that I will never forget."
Jun 18, 2022
John Paul and BeatleLuvr13 are now friends
Apr 21, 2022
Mike Pell commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Dec 14, 2021
Beatlemaniac commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 20, 2021
Mike Pell commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 19, 2021
Beatlemaniac commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 17, 2021
Mike Pell posted a blog post
Jul 14, 2020
Robert McNaught is now a member of BEATLES ABBEY ROAD // A Place for Beatles Fans To Come Together
Jul 8, 2020

© 2024   Created by Annalina Lennon McCartney.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service