I never thought I could love another band as much as The Beatles, and then I discovered The Who in 2010!

And now they are both tied as my favorite band.

I'm so obsessed with both!!

Random Facts

Paul McCartney said "Helter Skelter" was inspired by The Who song "I Can See For Miles".

Paul recalls writing "Helter Skelter" after reading a review of The Who Sell Out (1967 album) in which the critic claimed that "I Can See for Miles" was the "heaviest" song he'd ever heard. McCartney had not heard even the song yet, but wrote "Helter Skelter" in an attempt to make an even "heavier" song than the one praised in the review.

Ringo Starr & Keith Moon were great friends.

Zack Starkey, son of Ringo Starr & Maureen Cox is the current drummer for The Who.

Some of the early Who songs sound Beatle-ish to me. This is one of my favorites... :]

Views: 66

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I found another video of Ringo Starr & Keith Moon together. lol.

Yay! Thanks for sharing, Sadie!

The first time I heard about The Who when I was 16 was when I read that fact about how 'Helter Skelter' was inspired ;)

"My Generation" is probably the first Who song I heard, then I had to hear "I Can See For Miles" to compare it with what Paul came up with lmao. Paul, I must say, is an overachiever! Helter Skelter is really rocking.

"Who Are You" is the third song I heard from them. The TV show CSI has it as its theme! (Which I think is very fitting)

The Kids Are Alright & I Can't Explain should be gateway songs for Beatles fans who want to get into liking The Who!

Sadie (My BBBFF) is really obsessed with Keith but now she says she's falling for the other members, too. Who's next?

Happy 68th Birthday, Roger!

YAY! "Who's Next?" Lmao, I don't think I have a favorite Who band member anymore, just like I don't have a favorite Beatle! I've heard OF The Who for many years, but never really got into them until recently. And now I know and love over a hundred of their songs! :)

BeatleGirl is not just my best friend, she's also like my twin sister! Sometimes it's even scary! lol. I'm going to make her a Who fan now! hahaha.

RSS

Welcoming Beatlemaniacs! Join Beatles Abbey Road!

Birthdays

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

John Paul posted a status
"Happy B-Day Paul! You brought so many people together. Your music has provided me many great memories that I will never forget."
Jun 18, 2022
John Paul and BeatleLuvr13 are now friends
Apr 21, 2022
Mike Pell commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Dec 14, 2021
Beatlemaniac commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 20, 2021
Mike Pell commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 19, 2021
Beatlemaniac commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 17, 2021
Mike Pell posted a blog post
Jul 14, 2020
Robert McNaught is now a member of BEATLES ABBEY ROAD // A Place for Beatles Fans To Come Together
Jul 8, 2020

© 2024   Created by Annalina Lennon McCartney.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service