Hi everyone! If you love The Beatles, then you must also love other music from the Sixties! Tell us which current sixties song you're listening to so we can all pretend we're really there! Perhaps we can reacquaint ourselves to songs you haven't heard in a while or share ones that you just can't help but listen to!

My current song:

Baby I'm Yours ~ Barbara Lewis

So romantic!

Tell us which sixties song you're listening to! :)

This is located in the *Sixties Culture Board*

*** Please do not put down any music saying a song sounds bad!!! ***

For example: Bob Dylan playing. I hate his voice; he sounds like a dying cat!

Or: The Rolling Stones playing. Ha ha ha The Beatles are WAYYY better!!!

Or: Simon and Garfunkle playing. Yawn. This music is a borefest! Snooze.

Or: Lesley Gore playing. Hahaha, this chick can't sing. Go back to the kitchen!

Views: 94

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?

Written by Carole King and Gerry Goffin, a wife & husband writing team that wrote so many good songs in the '60s, Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? was recorded by The Shirelles and is notable for being the first song by a girl-group to reach the #1 spot in 1961 in the United States.

Another one of my favorites, I just can't help but feel sad and hopeful when I listen to this. I imagine myself being next to someone and asking this silly, but really honest question.

The song, even though it sounds so sweet and innocent, plainly, the girl is really asking whether or not her lover will still love her tomorrow after sleeping together. This is a question girls generally wonder about after an emotional connection has been created. Of course, in my mind, the opposite sex is probably saying to himself, "Will we do it again tomorrow?" Sigh.

You give your love so sweetly; Is this a lasting treasure, Or just a moment's pleasure?

I LOVE the song Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow by The Shirelles!!!!!! :)

But if it was by a guy, it probably would indeed be "Will we do it again tomorrow?" LOL.

Cool new page!

And omg, you really don't have to worry about me putting down any song, because when it comes to Sixties music, I like pretty much EVERYTHING! :D

:) :) :)

I also like The Shirelles version of this song but prefer The Mamas & Papas cover version :)

It reminds me of my Davy baby *sigh*

I'm dancing to one of my husband's (TeenyWeenyBit) "Don't Want Much"

~* Groovy Kind of Love *~ by The Mindbenders

Yay! The Animals and Wayne Fontana & The Mindbenders!!!

BeatleGirl you posted that Groovy Kind of Love song on my page here once and made me cryyy hahaha

I'm listenin to my hubby of course!  :D

*~*The Monkees - Valleri *~*

I haven't heard this song in like FOREVER! It's like I'm revisiting the '60s again!

The chorus just makes me laugh! And guess what? 

At the height of his career, Keefer was making $15,000 a week, and getting his back slapped by a Beatle, who told him what a great record his "98.6" was.  "John Lennon was standing next to me in a urinal in London," he said. -Wiki

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcoming Beatlemaniacs! Join Beatles Abbey Road!

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Latest Activity

John Paul posted a status
"Happy B-Day Paul! You brought so many people together. Your music has provided me many great memories that I will never forget."
Jun 18, 2022
John Paul and BeatleLuvr13 are now friends
Apr 21, 2022
Mike Pell commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Dec 14, 2021
Beatlemaniac commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 20, 2021
Mike Pell commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 19, 2021
Beatlemaniac commented on Mike Pell's blog post ROCKOLLECTIONS: FINGER SNAPPING PT.5
Jan 17, 2021
Mike Pell posted a blog post
Jul 14, 2020
Robert McNaught is now a member of BEATLES ABBEY ROAD // A Place for Beatles Fans To Come Together
Jul 8, 2020

© 2024   Created by Annalina Lennon McCartney.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service